Practice Pro Physical Therapy EMR ? Frequently Asked QuestionsAll your questions answered and some more
Check Out Our Detailed FAQ
The Full Q And A
What is Practice Pro?s software license fee? What is the duration of the contract that customers need to sign with Practice Pro to access the software? How do customers terminate their contract with Practice Pro? What onsite services, if any, does Practice Pro offer its clients? What is the satisfaction guarantee that Practice Pro offers their clients? How frequently does Practice Pro update their software? How does Practice Pro notify customers about updates? What is the typical downtime that Practice Pro EMR users experience? What is the typical turnaround time for software bug fixes? How will Practice Pro clients be able to add on or remove users? What are Practice Pro support hours?
- What is Practice Pro?s software license fee?
- Practice Pro?s EMR license pricing is based on arrived visits, not on number of users. We have an unlimited user model so there is no cost to adding on additional users. With this model, customers get to save on licensing costs and instead make money on patient visits. Visit our pricing page for more detail on our subscription plans.
- What is the duration of the contract that customers need to sign with Practice Pro to access the software?
- The Practice Pro EMR is a feature rich, full functionality solution that will enable physical therapy practices to be efficiently run, end to end. We have seen that customers start to make continuous gains in their business across the first year of using the software and capturing all the data in running their clinic(s). From then on, the benefits graph continues to trend upward. Additionally, Practice Pro reports and KPI dashboards provide valuable insight to further improve business processes and performance. Therefore, we recommend that customers sign up with a minimum one-year contract to be able to take full advantage of the power of the solution.
- How do customers terminate their contract with Practice Pro?
- Our clients are free to terminate their contract with Practice Pro 90 days prior to the end of the initial term, with written notice. In our experience, this duration works well to transition our clients from one EMR to another. We provide a set of directory reports that will enable our clients to easily extract all their data with zero cost thus making their migration smooth and efficient. We also offer a more robust data extraction process as well, so just ask us for details.
- What onsite services, if any, does Practice Pro offer its clients?
- The Practice Pro team loves to engage with our clients onsite to train client teams, analyze workflows, map processes to the software, and implement the EMR. However, the implementation process can be carried out remotely as well with the same level of effectiveness. Our standard implementation is done entirely remotely, for one clinic, or multiple clinics. Onsite implementation and training is available as well, as an add-on service.
- What is the satisfaction guarantee that Practice Pro offers their clients?
- The Practice Pro onboarding process has a guaranteed 99% success rate that is underpinned by over 22 years of experience in the industry and a carefully designed onboarding and go live process. By clearly understanding our clients? payer mix, creating test claims for patients, and anchoring implementation across front desk, therapist documentation, and billing, we ensure implementation success. Our clients will start receiving payments from payers well before they go live with the software thus eliminating any potential impact to cash flow from a software change. We have clients with a tenure of 12+ years, if that gives you an indication of their satisfaction.
- How frequently does Practice Pro update their software?
- Practice Pro is committed to providing regular product updates to our clients to meet changes in healthcare requirements and processes and address day-to-day challenges in running the business. Updates are delivered to clients at a minimum of once a month. Based on our experience across PT, OT, Speech, and Pediatric disciplines across multiple states and regulations, we also provide updates for billing and collections and insurance forms and submission. Furthermore, over 300 built-in point and click reports enable clients to effectively run their business and measure performance.
- How does Practice Pro notify customers about updates?
- Practice Pro has instituted a web-based notification and alert system that enables our clients to easily access upcoming release updates. Details are fully documented in release notes along with video links, when required, for adopting new product features with current team members as well as new hires.
- What is the typical downtime that Practice Pro EMR users experience?
- With our constant investments in IT infrastructure and software technology, Practice Pro clients get to enjoy the benefits of a secure, compliant cloud-based EMR solution with 99.9% uptime (as measured over the last 22 years).
- What is the typical turnaround time for software bug fixes?
- Depending on the type of bugs encountered, we push out a new release within as little as 24 hours. We often release a patch after new feature enhancements. Our typical software update cycle is comprised of two weeks of development, one week of testing, and one week release cycle. Bug fix releases are based on much more accelerated sprints to get it out within 24 hours. All incoming support tickets are tracked by category and module. Features are prioritized based on their criticality and demand and delivered to clients.
- How will Practice Pro clients be able to add on or remove users?
- Practice Pro clients can add and remove users any time with just the click of a button. Our employee maintenance screen makes it possible for clinic administrators with the right permissions to make user level changes anytime. As our licensing is not based on number of users, our clients are free to add and remove any number of users based on business needs. Audit records in the EMR system allow these changes to be tracked. There is no need to share user credentials to save on the cost of user licenses. Our clients enjoy the freedom to add unlimited users.
- What are Practice Pro support hours?
- Practice Pro?s telephone support hours are from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm US Eastern Time.